Thursday, October 9, 2008

Pecan Lace Cookies

Lace cookies are very thin and crispy and look like laces.Now this recipe which I got from Food network,was so easy-there was very little preparation,but the difficulty was while baking-you can bake 2-3 cookies at a time depending on size.But the effort was worth it-they were very delicious. They were a bit brownish in colour-to be honest the colour varied from light brown to deep brown(I saved some just before they burned)The recipe was for sandwich cookies,but I did not wait to sandwich them,but had them as such.

Ingredients:

Pecans: 1/2 cup
Sugar: 1/2 cup
All Purpose Flour: 1tbspn
Unsalted Butter: 1/2 stick softened
Maple Syrup/Molasses:1 1/2 tbspn
Vanilla extract: 1/8 tspn or 2 drops
Heavy Cream: 1 tbspn

Preparation:
Powder the pecans and sugar together.Cream together this mix and butter well and then add all other ingredients and blend well to form a crumbly dough.


Place teaspoonfuls of dough on a big baking sheet lined with aluminium foil(the cookies will expand too much-so only 2 or 3 teaspoonfuls on a big baking sheet with space between each cookie) and bake on a preheated oven at 350F for 8-12 minutes.Now start checking from the 4th minute onwards.The baking time depends on no: of cookies and their size.Atleast for me it was like that.My average was 6 minutes.Remove from the oven and cool for a few minutes still on the foil.You can see that they look like laces-with openings and are so delicate that you have to peel them carefully from the foil.Serve them as such or sandwiched with your favourite cream cheese or jam as per your wish anytime you want.


A Closer Look.....


These cookies have only 1/2 stick of butter,but since we are adding molasses/maple syrup which do have corn syrup and act as moisturizers-binders we can reduce butter again.Adjust sugar as per your taste in this case.This is just my suggestion and I will be trying this out the next time I make them.So feel free to follow the recipe as such.You will definitely be addicted to these,thats for sure.

Sending this off to SunshineMom's FIC:Brown...

11 Comments:

anudivya said...

You know what... Madhuram made wonderful Pistachio lace cookies a few days back, and I was asking her if I can replace it with other nuts, since I did not have pistachios at hand. And now, you come up with this wonderful pecan lace cookie, like an answer! They looks very crispy and thin.
How much of a butter compromise can I make? ;)

Cham said...

Wow such a thin cookies! I love pecan than other nuts, good one

CurryLeaf said...

Thanks Divs,Yes it is only 1/2 a stick,u can reduce it again,I have updated the post.
Thanks Cham,that was a quick comment.Love U.

Unknown said...

Wow! Did you just listen to my heart's wish or what. I just came from another blog that had lace cookies with egg, and I was wondering where to find a recipe for eggless lace cookies. This one goes on my immediately to-make list. Thanks!

Usha said...

Wow these look very thin, crispy and delicious....

Sujatha said...

Wow, lovely cookies! This is my favorite cookie and have tried it several times from our corner bakery! So excited to see the recipe now :) Thanks!

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

These are really nice, and such a pretty name.:)

lubnakarim06 said...

Wow this looks simpole and awesome. Nice entry to the event.

vandana rajesh said...

Such wafer thin cookies. They look really nice. A wonderful treat for both kids and adults alike.

PG CakeCraft said...

wow! wafer thin cookies, good to serve with ice-cream. ur pecan lace cookies r perfect for me coz i've an aversion to eggs. can i hve some please?

Sunshinemom said...

Sweatha, the cookies look great, and am sure they taste divine! They really spread out a lot I guess! Thank you so much for these - I can easily turn them vegan too!

Thanks for visiting my Blog

/*TYNT script starts here */ /*TYNT ends */