Sunday, November 2, 2008

Coffee Cookies

Coffee is a widely consumed stimulant beverage.I am not going to sing praises about coffee for the fact that I am not a coffee person,but rather a tea person.I enjoy inhaling the aroma of hot coffee,but thats it.I enjoy drinking tea more than coffee.Coffee Lovers,before you glare at me,let me tell you, now I also enjoy the coffee cookies or rather the cookies I made with filter coffee granules that turned out so good,that I could not stop munching on them. Actually when MonthlyMingle theme was announced by Meeta,I was sure this time I will not be sending any entry,but still when I saw one unwanted filter coffee sachet(Maxwell house brand) sitting in the dark side of my cabinet,I thought why not.I googled,yahooed and etc ..searched and found one that did not look like much work, and it turned superb,so here it is

Ingredients:

Unsalted Butter : 1 stick room temperature
All Purpose Flour: 3/4 cup
Coffee Granules/Powdered Instant coffee: 2 tbsp
White sugar: 2/3 cup
Chopped Nuts(any):1/2 cup
Vanilla Extract:1/2 tsp (optional)
Flax Seeds: 1 tbsp ground with 3 tbsp water to obtain a creamy brown mix.
OR
Egg: 1

Preparation:
Cream together butter and sugar and coffee powder in a bowl.Add in the flax seeds, flour, chopped nuts and vanilla and blend well.I used roughly chopped walnuts.You can use any nuts.Vanilla is optional,as the cookie has a predominant coffee aroma and taste whether or not vanila is added.

Drop teaspoonfuls on a greased baking sheet atleast 1 inch apart from each other and bake in batches in a pre-heated oven for 10-12 minutes at 350F.Cool on wire racks.

Serve as a midnight or anytime snack or a quickie breakfast with a glass of milk(thats my idea and ofcourse not for kids please) or whatever time or way you wish.After I inhaled the aroma that wafted during baking,I could not wait to try them and once I did I could not stop.
Now let me clarify,I am still a tea person,but these coffee cookies are my favourite anytime snack and now a regular in my house,and am sending a pack of these to Monthly Mingle:Coffee and Tea and thanks Meeta,bcoz of you I am now enjoying these.

A lovely warm packet also go to Madhuram's Egg Replacement Event:Flax seeds as I had replaced a single egg used in the recipe with a flax seed +water combo and it suited perfectly. Thanks Madhu,I am a tofu person when it comes to egg replacer,but this time your theme made me choose flax seeds over them.This is the second time I am workingwith these ,first are my jelly scones.Enjoy the cup of cookies.

On a different Note:
Lubna of KitchenFlavours and Purva of Purva's Daawat have honoured me with a Sweet Chocoholic Award.THANKS GIRLS,IT IS WONDERFUL GETTING THIS SWEET AWARD FROM WONDERFUL GIRLS LIKE YOU.

Now while you are enjoying the cuppa of coffee (cookies),do check out what my fellow runners have put forth:

1) DK 2) Siri 3) Srivalli 4) Ranji 5)PJ 6)Medha 7)Priya 8)Bhawna 9)Raaji 10)Ruchii 11)Anu 12)Kamala 13)Roopa 14)Divya Kudua 15)Rekha 16)Divya M 17)Lakshmi


29 Comments:

Divya Kudua said...

Coffee cookies...you have made me drool..been thinking since long to try making one..shall try it soon!!

Medhaa said...

Sounds very interesting, we would love these cookies.

Lovely to run the marathon with you. Best of Luck

Padmajha said...

Oh i love anything with coffee in it!!!looks great..

anudivya said...

Those look pretty neat, thin and crispy... great job gal.

lakshmi said...

your cookies look so similar to how mine turn out - thin and crisp :). i am not an experienced baker or a blogger - in fact if your profile details are true, i am younger than you - see i just disguise my juvenile self by lurking in what should actually be only my mom's blog ;) - looking forward to your recipes.

ps: i am a chocoholic too!!

Bhawana said...

wow thats lovely cookies u posted. Well I bookmarked it will make soon. Love the pic.

Srivalli said...

Thats sure is yummy...very interesting!

Srivalli said...

now now..lak's comment sure must've made many to check out your profile!..:))

Mahimaa's kitchen said...

looks awesome.. love cofy cookies.

raaji said...

this sound gr8..perfect with milk for the day bfast.....can i use nescafe instant coffee powder in place of it???

Unknown said...

I am a Coffeeholic, will take anything coffee. Cookies looks delicious.

Priya Suresh said...

Wow coffee flavoured cookies..love anything with coffee, cookies looks fabulous..

Unknown said...

Coffee cookies look tasty and addition of flax seeds makes them healthy too ! Nice entry !

Siri said...

Coffee + Cookies = Divine combo.. I am not a caffeine person, but I like desserts with coffee flavor!

Glad to have u on RM 2 Curry leaf..:)

Cheers,
Siri

Uma said...

the cookies look so delicious! Nice recipe.

kamala said...

I dont drink Coffee or tea..But love the flavor in cookies..looks great

Cham said...

Oh those cookies are thin and delicious

Cynthia said...

Passing by to say hello :)

anudivya said...

He he he. I thought you were playing a prank on me! I really did win the legume love affair! Thanks for letting me know girl... you are the first person to tell me, otherwise I wouldn't have even known. It is very sweet of you...

Vijitha said...

Lovely crisp cookies! gr8 job!

Unknown said...

coffee cookies superb dear i can not say no to this mouthwatering

Kitchen Chronicles said...

coffee cookies. sounds nice and interesting.

Meeta K said...

these look lovely and crispy. thanks for the entry!

Beyond Curries said...

That's definitely an interesting (stimulating) cookie recipe Sweatha. Thanks for sending it to the event. I think you have not attached the photo of the dish, please get to it when you find time.

Usha said...

the coffee cookies look yum :-)

Snooky doodle said...

hmm these really go well with coffee

Sunshinemom said...

Coffee is my favorite beverage and a cookie with this flavor sounds great! Love the recipe:)

Unknown said...

Hello,

I tried these cookies today and they tasted awesome, but they spread out a lot and were almost wafer thin. Is this the way they are supposed to be or did I mess up something?

Thanks!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Thanks for visiting my Blog

/*TYNT script starts here */ /*TYNT ends */