Monday, June 14, 2010

Mango Coconut Pops

OK,I am back.I was really busy shifting to a new apartment and the work is still on,cartons to be unpacked,kitchen to be set up etc.I thought I could manage an effortless shifting and had planned for this in advance,but things got a bit out of hand at the last minute.I had thought of scheduling some posts but could never get close to the laptop.It was that much hectic work.On top of it,I thought that I may have to bid an emotional farewell to my rented apartment where I had lived for almost 7 years or in cliched words "sharing joys and sorrows",but forget being senti,the topmost thing in my mind (even now) is unpacking. Anyways,I deliberately missed my second blogversary on May 31st due to this.Well,I had prepared a simple sweet treat for this -Mango coconut pops.Easy to prepare and perfect for summer as well.

I had already prepared mango milkshake and here I simply replaced the milk with coconut milk and freezed the shake.You can turn this into sorbets or granita or whatever cool treat you like.The quantities given can be varied as per taste.

Ingredients:
Mango: 1 big or almost 1 cup of pieces
Coconut milk: 1/4 cup +/- few tbsp
Honey/low fat sweetner: 2 tbsp or as per taste
Cardamom: a pinch(optional)

Preparation:
Blend together all the ingredients smoothily.Fill the popsicle molds till 3/4 th full and freeze for atleast 45 minutes or more depending on the fridge's coolest settings.

I used coconut milk made by using coconut milk powder prepared as per instructions on the pack.You can increase the quantity of this or use much more thicker milk or even avoid it just to make pops with mango puree.I increased the mango as I wanted the mango and the cardamom taste more.Also make sure you add sweetener a little bit more than necessary as on freezing the sweetness will decrease and I just did not want to depend on the natural sweetness of mango.You can also add powdered ginger and walnuts/cashews while pureeing or even ice to obtain a mango coconut slush.

This simple summer treat goes to Yasmeen's Healthnut Challenge 6.

On a different note: I am yet to settle down and hope to do so by this month end.I may try to schedule my posts as and when I am able to despite being late sometimes and though I may be visiting all the yummy blogs sooner or later,I may not be able to leave my comments there as regularly as I wish.Hope you will bear with me as I am knee deep in packing tapes and cardboard rolls than measuring cups and baking flours.

16 Comments:

Usha said...

Looks delicious, love the use of coconut milk in this recipe...

Bombay Foodie said...

Moving to a new house is always exciting. Love your pops!

Yasmeen said...

Hope everything went well with the move.Yum mango pops,a sure pleasing fruit of the season :D

Priya Suresh said...

Great to see u back, was wondering where u have been, happy to see u with a beautiful post..refreshing pops prefect for summer..

Simplyfood said...

Beautiful combination of coconut and mango.

Unknown said...

Wow, it looks simply great and sooooooooo beautiful looking.

Anonymous said...

Looks simply yum.
Saf

Lo said...

Those look positively refreshing -- and just the sort of thing for when you have a few moments of down time on a hot day.

Congrats on your 2nd blogiversary! And here's to many more!

Unknown said...

Ohh sorry Congrats on 2nd blog anniversary happy cooking and keep bloging dear.

Unknown said...

Ohhh wow great so you shifed o your new house Congrats Sweatha.Replacing coconut milk is a great idea looks so tempting....

Kiran said...

Mango Coconut pops look very deliciou.Love the bright yellow color of the pops.

I would like to let you know that I started an event with wholegtains:barley and would love to see your delicious entries for the event.

Thank you.

AJ said...

Ice cream pops look really wonderful!! Congrats on the blog anniversary.

Cham said...

Congrats on ur blog anniversary! Glad to see u back with a lovely popsicle!

sheba said...

congrats on the blog miles stone, ur new place and this beautiful fun recipe

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

Another great mango treat. And lots of luck with unpacking and settling in. Having packed, moved and unpacked so many times, I knw what it entails! :D

RV said...

I had the same feeling when we moved from our old apartment :-( but yeah life goes on.. isn't mango and coconut the best combo. I made something last week with mango and coconut. Pops are YUMMO....

Thanks for visiting my Blog

/*TYNT script starts here */ /*TYNT ends */