Friday, August 24, 2012

Colourful ChocoChip Cookie Bites

It was a long time since I had baked cookies. After the Reine de Saba I was slightly busy and morally down thanks to the flop show. But hey, a cookie always lifts my spirits especially a chocochip cookie. So I digged into my bookmarked recipe file, found one which I had actually torn from a magazine and voila they also had a twist suggested to the regular cookie. It was to bake it in muffin tins so that you get a cookie cupcake (or is it a cupcake cookie). And thats exactly what I did and here it is.

Ingredients:
All Purpose Flour: 1 cup and 2 tbsp
Wheat Germ : 2 tbsp
Cinnamon powdered: 1 tsp
Baking Powder: 1/2 tsp
Baking Soda: 1/4 tsp
Salt: 1/4 tsp

Vanilla Extract: 1.5 tsp
Instant Coffee Granules: 1/8 tsp

Unsalted Butter: 1 stick or 8 tbsp soft
Light Brown Sugar: 6 tbsp
White sugar: 4 tbsp

Egg: 1 or Ener G egg  1.5 tsp pdr packed + 2-4 tbsp water.

Milk Chocolate Chips: 1/2 cup + more
Sprinkles: handful

Preparation:

Mix together the dry items of flour,wheat germ,cinnamon,baking powder,baking soda and salt. Keep aside.

In a small bowl,combine vanilla and coffee granules and stir till the powder/granules dissolve.

In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy for about 2-3 minutes. Beat in the egg (Ener G /any choice of replacer) and vanilla mixture until smooth. Gradually beat in at low speed the flour mix until combined. Stir in 1/2 cup of choco chips.

Drop by rounded tablespoons onto muffin cups. You can even try with just the liners rather than using the actual muffin pan and this saves cleaning up time later.

Top each cookie with 3 choco chips and about 1/8 tsp of sprinkles.

Bake in a preheated oven at 325F for about 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes clean.

Cool on the rack for about 3 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on the wire rack.


Munch on anytime.


I actually pulled these out at exactly 17 minutes and cooled for 3 minutes and then immediately tried them. They were crisp but as time went by they turned slightly soft. So bake an additional 1-2 minute if you want crispy cookies.


Else if you want regular cookies, then simply drop tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet and bake. I even tried two in a microwave using teaspoonful of dough in a mini cupcake liner and they were done within 30 seconds at full power.  The one in brown liners are microwave ones.


You can even pass them off as cupcakes I would suggest. They have even the line imprinted on them. So why not.


Now,its cookie time. I do not care for milk also. Calories,... Forget it. More cookies I am planning.

2 Comments:

Priya Suresh said...

Seriously those cookie bites tempts me a lot, prefect for me anytime.

Swathi said...

Sweatha,

You are a good baker, no need to be down.This cookie cupcake looks delicious.

Thanks for visiting my Blog

/*TYNT script starts here */ /*TYNT ends */