Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Creamy Caramel Pudding | Magical taste

After the Coffee buns I thought I will continue my 2014 journey with another sweet dessert. This one is a pudding and I love such things.They can be both baked and stovetop and the one I am about to post is a stovetop one and is starch based. I have use the recipe from Food & Wine for making this yummy one. 

Ingredients:
Milk: 2 cups
Cornflour: 3.5 tbsp
Vanilla:1tsp
Salt: small pinch

Sugar: 1cup

Preparation:
In a bowl whisk together 1/4 cup of milk with cornflour,vanilla and salt until smooth.

In a thick bottomed saucepan, combine sugar with 3 tbsp of water and bring to boil.

Cook in medium heat undisturbed until a deep amber caramel forms. Remove from heat. It will continue to cook even after this and turn deep in colour.

Whisk in the remaining 1 and 3/4 cup milk , 2 tbsp at a time. Use a wooden spoon as caramel will not stick to wood.

Put back on medium heat and stir until the caramel is dissolved. Simmer this until it thickens. This will take just 1-2 minutes or generally under 5 minutes.

Remove from heat and whisk in the milk+cornflour paste and put back on medium heat. Cook stirring until it thickens for about a minute or so. Scrap the pudding into 4-6 bowls and chill for atleast 2 hours or serving time. 

Serve garnished if you like by adding coloured sprinkles.



A creamy and tasty pudding. The cornstarch can be replaced maybe with plain/vanilla custard power if you prefer. I actually was looking for some starchy taste or something like that as the recipe uses almost 4 tbsp of cornflour but I was happy with the taste. The key is to ensure that the sugar is no burnt while making caramel. It continues cooking even after removing from the heat and this requires our constant supervision Thankfully mine turned perfect -very caramelly and perfect. I love caramel and this one was perfecto.




0 Comments:

Thanks for visiting my Blog

/*TYNT script starts here */ /*TYNT ends */